Little girls love all of the things that go with a tea party...dainty tea cups, bears, cookies, dolls and all the frills. Here are some ideas for hosting a lovely tea party.
- You can find decorative note cards anywhere, ie: dollar stores, Target, Walmart, etc.. They have many different styles to choose from. The best to use for your tea party, would be teddy bears, tea cups, or just flower-y and formal looking... very cute!
Use a tiered plate holder and white paper doilies to display mini cupcakes, mini quiches, and heart cookies...
- Set up tables and use floral fabric tablecloths in a variety of prints for the different tables.
- For centerpieces, choose wildflowers (or silk flowers) and put in a small vase (one for each table)
- Gather teddy bears, dolls, and the like and display them in little chairs all over the room.
- If possible, use a child's tea set and set it up on the main table.
- Set up your teapot, creamer, and bowl of sugar cubes on your main table.
- Also display small cookies on paper lace doilies on a pretty dish.
- Of course, tea! (use decaffeinated tea) with plenty of sugar cubes and milk!
- A Variety of small cookies - (perfect for bears' and dolls' diets! Oh, and of course the kids love them too.)
- Encourage each child to bring their favorite teddy bear or doll to enjoy the party as well (make sure to note this on your invitation).
- Play dress-up! Gather costume jewelry, gloves, hats, old party dresses and shoes for all to try on ~you may even check a thrift store if you are low on these items...
- Take lots and lots of pictures!
- Play musical chairs and other old-fashioned type games!
- Have them decorate their favor boxes with glue-on rhinestones, glitter pens, etc.. (see party favors)