Has your soon to be 16 year old been making plans for this forever?? Sweet Sixteen parties can range from simple to elaborate. Here are some ideas to make your teen's Sweet Sixteen one they'll never forget!
- Determine number of guests to invite.
- Choose a theme
- Choose a party location (home, banquet hall, etc.)
- Choose a party menu (scroll down for some examples with recipes)
- Purchase invitations and mail out at least 2 weeks prior
- Purchase decorations and party favors
- Choose party attire
- Schedule appointment for salon for morning of party for hair/makeup
- Order birthday cake and catering if applicable.
- Ask friends and family to help with decorating and set up
- Create a party tunes for cd player or ipod.
- Salon for hair and makeup
Tips for hosting a fabulous sweet sixteen birthday party:
- try a theme: luau, bowling, fiesta, pool party, a pyschedelic 60's bash, or even a Mardi Gras theme!
- Serve non-alcoholic cocktails garnished with cherries, orange slices, and the like
- Hand out feather boas and tiaras to girlfriends as party favors
- Create party music for your ipod using itunes.com or hire a dj
- Set out disposable cameras for tabletops for great candid shots for your scrapbook!
- Hire a professional to teach party guests a particular dance, ie: Bollywood Indian, Salsa, Belly Dancing, Hula Dancing, etc..
- Hire a fortune teller, Caricature artist, or even a henna tattoo artist...
- Order a cake using an image from when the guest of honor was a small tot.
Great Sweet 16 Party Favors: