Here are some decorating ideas for a girl's bedroom. Included is a room fit for a princess, Hawaiian Island room, and a vintage-inspired country room...
Vintage-inspired girl's room decorating
Country-vintage themed bedroom tips:
- Use soft, muted colors to paint walls with.
- Attach beadboard to bottom half of walls & add a chair rail.
- Use antiques, such as, an old rocker chair, handmade dolls, picture frames, etc.
- Use fabrics in gingham, florals, and pale pinstripes.
- Use antique, white wicker and/or old iron furniture.
- Display an antique or handmade quilt on the wall using a quilt hanger.
- Put toys/books/shoes/dolls in big wicker baskets.
- Purchase inexpensive wood picture frames. Paint them, and once completely dry, rub out the edges with sandpaper for the shabby chic look.
Visit Land of Nod for details on the above girl's vintage-inpsired bedroom decor.
Island Themed Girls Bedroom
Island-themed decorating ideas:
- Use bamboo blinds for window treatments.
- Decorate inexpensive picture frames or framed mirrors by adhering tropical silk flowers using a hot glue gun.
- Half of the way up your wall, affix cut-to-size bamboo rods, as you would beadboard for an authentic look.
- Add a silk tropical plant or palm tree in a corner of the room.
- Paint in colors of tangerine, pale blue, lilac, and/or lime green.
- Find vintage "surf" or "beach" painted plaques, prints or posters to adorn walls.
- Better yet, use a large island-inspired mural to adorn walls. You can find many beautiful ones at American Wallpaper (murals) - look under "complete room decor" and scroll to the page with the Island themed murals.
Click on Island Themed bedroom items for detail. We Found these items at Your Kids Direct.
Princess Themed Girl's Bedroom
Fairy Princess Bedroom decorating ideas:
- Tie silk rosebuds about every 3" to a long piece of sheer 2" wide ribbon. Two-way tape or push pin ribbon to ceiling. Hang many, scattering the rosebuds on the ribbons.
- Have a mural painted of a kingdom with hills and a castle.
- Paint clouds on the ceiling using a natural sea sponge.
- Purchase a canopy bed and hang sheer netting for a dramatic effect.
- Cover a plain lampshade with silk rose petals. Layer and glue with hot glue gun.
- Revamp old furniture by painting white and replacing knobs with faux crystal ones.
Click images above for detail. We found these princess - themed items at Land of Nod.