- Create your own handmade invitations. Word them: "Birthday celebration eminent. All personnel to the bunker, located at (your address) at 1800 hours (6:00PM) on Saturday, October 3"
- Use camouflage fabric for tablecover and decorate in shades of grey, brown, green, and black
- Show old GI JOE videos and cartoons...
- Hand out personalized dog tags and little army men for fun party favors.
- Create a "boot camp" obstacle course
- If summertime, allow guests to have a water grenade fight!
- Serve Army Food (kind of), such as, baked beans, biscuits, and beef stew - just tell the kids this will make 'em strong as the GI JOE special operatives in the movie!
- Use camping pots/pans and mess kits for serveware for authenticity.
- Print GI JOE coloring pages for a fun activity or handmade invitation.