- Use stickers and die cuts (from any scrapbooking store) of dump trucks, bulldozers, cement mixers, hard hats, etc..
Decorate on white cardstock (from your local craft store). Type or handwrite party info: "Join us for Kevin's Construction Party!" Shift begins: (time party starts) , Shift ends: (time party ends), Construction site: (party address), "Contact the foreman at (your phone number). You could also ask each child to dress for the occasion, ie: denim overalls, flannel shirt, etc...
- Use yellow and orange 'caution' tape (at your local hardware store), (or use the birthday version from Birthday in a Box) to designate party area.
- Create street and traffic signs, using yellow posterboard (ie: "Children at Play", "Yield! For Birthday Party Fun!")...you can also purchase decorations and pre made construction signs at Shindigz.com.
- Make a 'road' tabletop. Use black plastic tablecover for the tabletop and masking tape for the lines...
- Pack each guest a sack lunch, fill each brown paper sack with a sandwich, chips, apple and juicebox.
- Constructive playtime -get out of your child's trucks, bulldozers, Legos, Lincoln Logs, etc...
- Obtain a couple of refrigerator boxes, cut out 'windows' and a door, and have the guests "paint" the house..provide them with markers, posterpaint, etc...