charlie and chocolate factory
Got a sweet tooth for the tale of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory???
Here is a great way to celebrate your love of this new movie. We have searched high and low for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory party supplies, but they do not make them *yet*. So... here are some other great alternatives that work just as well!
Wonka candy: Wonka bars, Oompas, Nerds, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Nerds Ropes, Runts, Tangy Taffy, Bottlecaps, and Donutz... All available at the Candy Depot. SShhh- just don't tell Mr. Slugworth!
- A golden ticket! Using a paper trimmer, cut out business card sized pieces of paper out of gold cardstock. Type or print "Congratulations!" You are invited to -------'s Chocolate Factory! Include date, time, and phone to RSVP to. Purchase large Wonka Bars (one for each guest invited). Insert small invite inside each chocolate bar.
- Use solid colored tableware in primary colors, including purple.
- Recreate Wonka Factory with these delicious ideas:
- Make your own hard candies to scatter throughout the party area (wrapping large styrofoam balls with various colored cellophane. Tie each end with ribbon). Make your own candy centerpieces for the table by filling a vase full with licorice whips, large swirl suckers, Laffy Taffy sticks, Pixie Sticks, and any other that will stand up in a vase. Also add colorful gumballs or Gobstoppers in the bottom of the vase.
- Stick big swirl lollipops in everywhere that you can. (plants, pots, etc..). Also you may stick them with 2-side tape to any other surfaces where it won't peel the paint off...
- Draw large spotted mushrooms and flowers unto posterboard. Outline with markers and cut out. Stick to walls.
- Make giant lollipops with large styrofoam balls and dowel rods. Wrap balls with colored cellophane and tie with pretty polka dot ribbon. Stick these throughout party area.
- Watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for more inspiration...
Swirl Pops pkg. of 12 $3.49
- Serve "Mike's TV Dinners" (regular kid-friendly tv dinners)
- "Fizzy Lifting Drinks" (bottles of soda)
- Use lunch sacks marked "samples". Fill with Wonka candy. Gobstoppers, Nerds, Bottlecaps and more-see above.
- You can also fill small top hat party favors turned upside down on each place setting.
Play the new soundtrack for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to play musical bon bons... Out of colorful contact paper, cut large circles. Place these in a circle on the floor. (one for each guest). Play the same way as musical chairs.
- Build a home only Wonka would love -
In teams, allow children to create a candy house using cardboard boxes, tape, and assorted candy. The most creative Wonka House wins.
Fill a medium sized fishbowl with gumballs. Have the party guests guess the amount in the bowl. Closest wins.
- Watch the movie - rent Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or go to see the new one: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Decorate cake or cupcakes with assorted candies, or on cupcakes, draw a fancy "W" on each.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trading cards from Bil Bam Collectables
Here are some great Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa costumes and accessories from BuyCostumes.com.