A carnival can be a lot of fun. The best place to host a carnival is outdoors in a big wide space, ie: a park, a big back yard...etc. But, if you want to host a carnival during the colder months, it's best to hold it in a gymnasium or hall, if possible.
- To decorate, just use helium balloons (that you can hand out), and pennants all over.
- For a fun carnival game, use a small inflated "kiddie pool", fill with water.
- Purchase as many small rubber duckies as you have guests. On two or three duckies, draw, with black felt tip marker, a star.
- Before the party begins, float the ducks in the "kiddie pool".
- Allow the children, one by one, to choose a duck from the "pond". The one who chooses the duck with the star on the bottom, wins the prize.
- Also, you could play the hoop around the bottle game.. Just set up several glass soda bottles on a table and have a children stand a certain distance from the table. Give them hoops to toss around the bottles. The one who gets one around the bottle, wins.
- Have a friend make balloon animals for the guests, you can buy a kit at Birthday in a Box.